Being a man in today's world can be a challenge. Fortunately there are a lot of resources out there that can help get us in touch with the masculinity at our core and be more confident and effective in the world.
Between fellow course junkie Dunstan Bertschinger and I, we've explored a bunch of books, courses and workshops that have helped us get in touch with our intuition, emotions, and inner magician. Dunstan is a swimming coach who helps his clients gain confidence by developing their relationship with the water. He sees learning to swim as a metaphor for finding your place in the world: you can relax and trust the water to support you, or you can struggle to stay afloat.
Here's a podcast conversation between the two of us discussing several courses and workshops we've found helpful lately for developing confidence and getting in touch with our masculinity. Some of the themes we cover:
- The real meaning of confidence
- Opening your heart to receiving from others
- Being real with women and other people
- The problem with being nice when we're inauthentic
- Giving up perfectionism
- Transforming emotional wounds into personal power
- The power of naming your fears
- Your thoughts and feelings are not real
- The secrets of personal magic/alchemy
- Overcoming creepiness
- Reversing our childhood conditioning and being honest
- Overturning negative beliefs
It's real, it's raw, and you can preview it by clicking the play button:
The full interview is included in The Confident Man Program.
Here are links to the resources mentioned in the interview:
- Master Your Destiny course and The Magician's Way book by William Whitecloud
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
- Personal Growth Counsellor Denise Cook
- The Human Awareness Institute Love, Intimacy and Sexuality workshops
- Indian spiritual teacher Osho
- The Work of Byron Katie and her book Loving What Is
- The popular “law of attraction” movie The Secret that tells only half the story
You can connect with Dunstan Bertschinger on Facebook. We love your feedback so please leave a comment letting us both know what you think!