Being a man in today's world can be a challenge. Fortunately there are a lot of resources out there that can help get us in touch with the masculinity at our core and be more confident and effective in the world.
Between fellow course junkie Dunstan Bertschinger and I, we've explored a bunch of books, courses and workshops that have helped us get in touch with our intuition, emotions, and inner magician. Dunstan is a swimming coach who helps his clients gain confidence by developing their relationship with the water. He sees learning to swim as a metaphor for finding your place in the world: you can relax and trust the water to support you, or you can struggle to stay afloat.
Here's a podcast conversation between the two of us discussing several courses and workshops we've found helpful lately for developing confidence and getting in touch with our masculinity. Some of the themes we cover:
- The real meaning of confidence
- Opening your heart to receiving from others
- Being real with women and other people
- The problem with being nice when we're inauthentic
- Giving up perfectionism
- Transforming emotional wounds into personal power
- The power of naming your fears
- Your thoughts and feelings are not real
- The secrets of personal magic/alchemy
- Overcoming creepiness
- Reversing our childhood conditioning and being honest
- Overturning negative beliefs
It's real, it's raw, and you can preview it by clicking the play button: