Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 73.00 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 51.00 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 42.71 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 22.57 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 19.86 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 14.00 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 12.57 views per day
- How To Recover From A Narcissistic Mother 11.57 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 11.29 views per day
- Top 10 Flirty Things to Say 9.71 views per day
Tag Archives: posture
I recently came across a great TED talk by social scientist Amy Cuddy titled Your body language shapes who you are. Her research shows that simply adopting a power posture for two minutes can increase your testosterone, reduce your stress hormone cortisol and make you more powerful in social situations... all of which translates into greater self-confidence.
She goes on to describe how to overcome the feeling of being a fraud not just by faking it until you make it, but by faking it until your become it.
From now on, I'm walking around my unit with my arms in a power pose. I don't care what the neighbors think! Check it out:… Continue reading…
Here is another tip for you to help you build your confidence: And this tip is not original; I’ve nicked this from somebody. I can’t even remember who it was. I’d give them credit if I could, but, well, there you go.
The tip is to walk around like you own the place.
Hey, it’s Graham here with another confidence building activity for you. Now, the way that you walk says a whole lot about how confident that you feel inside and what happens is that when you’re walking down the street, the way that we walk projects our inner sense of self-confidence out into the world and other people can’t help but respond to us by noticing the way that we’re walking and the level of confidence with which we’re walking.
So I want to have a bit of fun with this activity and the idea of this activity is to focus on the way that you walk and to walk like The Terminator. So if you haven’t seen it before, grab a copy of Terminator 1. Notice the way that Arnold Schwarzenegger walks when he’s striding down the street. He’s standing in a very erect position. He’s swinging his arms back and forward. He’s striding along like a machine, and basically what you want to do is start striding along like a powerful machine as well.