Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 76.57 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 40.43 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 34.14 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 17.71 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 14.71 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 10.43 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 10.43 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 8.29 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 1 8.14 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 6.86 views per day
Tag Archives: byron katie
Emotional wounds from early life can have a profoundly detrimental effect on our self confidence and our ability to be successful in life.
Even wounds that we're unaware of or reluctant to acknowledge can still strongly effect us because they operate on the unconscious or subconscious level. These wounds can lead to self-sabotaging behaviour that may be obvious to other people, while we remain oblivious to what's going on. Yet we keep encountering similar painful experiences in life over and over, unable to pinpoint what's causing this pattern or how to break out of it.
Often deep emotional wounds that we may be unaware of are at the heart of our ongoing suffering. Fortunately my good friend Peter Saxon is an expert on dealing with exactly this problem in men's lives, and I recently seized the opportunity to interview him on the topic.
My favourite quote from this interview is:
“When we really get to experience our feelings directly without avoiding or grasping or going to the emotional drama of the feeling, and are actually be able to sit with it, and then look to identify what the need is underneath that feeling, and getting help to meet that need: life changes dramatically.”… Continue reading…
Life can be a bitch when you're feeling anxious. Anxiety can undermine your confidence like nothing else. When feelings of fear take a serious foothold in your life, you can lose your whole sense of self as your self-confidence quickly heads south.
So here are seven simple steps to overcome anxiety:
1. Ask Yourself What You Haven't Accepted Yet
Anxiety is a clue that you're confused about reality and the way things should be. The problem boils down to distorted thinking which leads to confusion about the nature of reality. You're telling yourself that things should be different to how they are, and that's distressing. Once you learn to accept that things are the way they are, your anxiety will dissipate.
Perhaps you already know what it is that you can't accept about reality, or perhaps you're not sure. Often emotions arise in our subconscious and then our conscious mind attempts to come up with a rational explanation. But we don't always get it right; so maybe the thing you're confused about isn't what you think it is. There are many processes for inquiring more deeply into reality. One of my favourites is The Work of Byron Katie described in her book Loving What Is.… Continue reading…
Being a man in today's world can be a challenge. Fortunately there are a lot of resources out there that can help get us in touch with the masculinity at our core and be more confident and effective in the world.
Between fellow course junkie Dunstan Bertschinger and I, we've explored a bunch of books, courses and workshops that have helped us get in touch with our intuition, emotions, and inner magician. Dunstan is a swimming coach who helps his clients gain confidence by developing their relationship with the water. He sees learning to swim as a metaphor for finding your place in the world: you can relax and trust the water to support you, or you can struggle to stay afloat.
Here's a podcast conversation between the two of us discussing several courses and workshops we've found helpful lately for developing confidence and getting in touch with our masculinity. Some of the themes we cover:
- The real meaning of confidence
- Opening your heart to receiving from others
- Being real with women and other people
- The problem with being nice when we're inauthentic
- Giving up perfectionism
- Transforming emotional wounds into personal power
- The power of naming your fears
- Your thoughts and feelings are not real
- The secrets of personal magic/alchemy
- Overcoming creepiness
- Reversing our childhood conditioning and being honest
- Overturning negative beliefs
It's real, it's raw, and you can preview it by clicking the play button: