I do a combination of Yoga, breathwork and meditation every day that I learned from the Art Of Living foundation. It helps calm my nerves and quieten my busy mind. I often find I get creative ideas popping into my head during meditation that I would otherwise never have thought of. It's a great way of getting in touch with your intuition and deepening your sense of inner wisdom.
The benefits of meditation have been known for thousands of years, and are particularly helpful in our modern society where we are increasingly trained to think a lot and rarely get a break from the mental chatter in our heads.
- Helps deal with stress
- Teaches you to relax and focus
- A form of meditation or prayer is a core part of most spiritual philosophies
- It's free!
- Doesn't help you develop social skills; may even impair them
- Can make you more introverted and shy
- Takes a very long time to release and heal trauma compared to somatic therapies