One of the most powerful things I've done in the last 12 months to continue building my own confidence is to join a men's group. Our fortnightly gatherings allow me to connect more deeply to other men and in doing so, connect more deeply to my own masculine power. My experience of other males at my all-boys high school wasn't a particularly positive basis for me to build trust in men. So my men's group is a valuable opportunity to learn trust and mutual respect amongst men who are prepared to be vulnerable and real about what is going on in their lives.
With this in mind I was keen to interview Brett Churnin from mensgroup.info, who is at the centre of a loose collective of men's groups all founded with the intention of growing more confident, capable, loving, powerful and honest men.
Brett first become involved in a men's group after he and another desperately single male friend discovered David Deida's book The Way of The Superior Man while looking for more powerful ways to relate to women. They came to realise that being a man was very different to what they had thought, and started to explore the notion of masculinity and how to develop themselves as men. In the process they realised that the best way to do this was with a group of like-minded men, and started their own men's group. Now eight years down the track, Brett is happily married with children and is passionate about helping other men form and join men's groups.
In this fascinating interview you'll learn about:
- Why a men's group can help you become more confident generally
- How to live with more integrity, honour, compassion, strength and direction
- How relating more deeply with men improves your ability to relate to women
- Overcoming neediness to stand strong in your relationships with women
- Using your men's group to learn how to stay with and handle conflict
- How to find more backbone with the right amount of heart
- Having a group of men who won't stand for anything less than your best
- Finding and following your purpose and mission in life
- How to find and join a men's group
- How to start your own men's group if there isn't one near you
Preview the interview here:
The full interview is included in The Confident Man Program.
Check out the Men's Group Field Guide too. To learn more about men's groups or to contact Brett for guidance visit mensgroup.info. To find a men's group near you or to list your men's group so other men can find it, visit mensgroupdirectory.com.