Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 79.14 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 47.71 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 41.43 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 18.57 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 18.43 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 12.57 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 11.57 views per day
- Top 10 Flirty Things to Say 11.14 views per day
- How To Recover From A Narcissistic Mother 10.00 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 9.43 views per day
Tag Archives: limiting beliefs
I was watching David DeAngelo's Advanced Dating Skills program the other day, and the topic of limiting beliefs was huge. A limiting belief is any belief that inhibits us from having what we want.
The reason that we don't have the success we would like all comes down to the way we behave, and this behavior is ultimately driven by our conscious and unconscious beliefs. Emotions play a big role too, and these are linked to our unconscious beliefs.
Limiting beliefs get learned through our experiences of life, and become built deep into our subconscious. They shape our default response to the world. Once any belief is acquired, our subconscious makes an automatic connection between what we observe in the world and the beliefs that we have, which makes these beliefs self-reinforcing.
We selectively gather evidence that supports our existing beliefs, strengthening them in the process; even if they aren't in our best interests. In some cases a limiting belief was in our best interests in the past, but is no longer working for us; in others, someone else has taught us a limiting belief in the past because it suited their agenda, and we took it on because we didn't know any better.… Continue reading…