Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 76.14 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 56.14 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 39.86 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 26.43 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 14.43 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 11.14 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 9.29 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 8.71 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 7.86 views per day
- How to Cut Emotional Ties with Controlling Parents 7.71 views per day
- How To Stop People Pleasing And Start Facing Conflict
- How Power Postures Give You Greater Self-Confidence
- How To Deal With Someone Who is Upset
- Why I Got Upset In Guitar Class
- How To Recover From A Narcissistic Mother
- Ten Signs That You Had A Narcissistic Mother
- Why Confidence Was the Best Drug Rehabilitation: A Recovering Addict Shares His Story
Tag Archives: counselling
Emotional wounds from early life can have a profoundly detrimental effect on our self confidence and our ability to be successful in life.
Even wounds that we're unaware of or reluctant to acknowledge can still strongly effect us because they operate on the unconscious or subconscious level. These wounds can lead to self-sabotaging behaviour that may be obvious to other people, while we remain oblivious to what's going on. Yet we keep encountering similar painful experiences in life over and over, unable to pinpoint what's causing this pattern or how to break out of it.
Often deep emotional wounds that we may be unaware of are at the heart of our ongoing suffering. Fortunately my good friend Peter Saxon is an expert on dealing with exactly this problem in men's lives, and I recently seized the opportunity to interview him on the topic.
My favourite quote from this interview is:
“When we really get to experience our feelings directly without avoiding or grasping or going to the emotional drama of the feeling, and are actually be able to sit with it, and then look to identify what the need is underneath that feeling, and getting help to meet that need: life changes dramatically.”… Continue reading…
Want to talk to someone about how you can become more confident? Are you stuck in a rut, needing some encouragement? Do you have a specific issue you're stuck on? Or are you unsure what the problem even is, and need some help sorting it out? If so, you could probably benefit from some personal coaching.
"I wish I'd had that conversation with you twenty years ago Graham"
- Paul, Chatswood Australia
I offer one-on-one coaching via Skype to men (and women) anywhere in the world so you get help tailored to your specific needs. Confidence is a social skill, so your confidence will grow faster when I coach you in person. You get support, understanding and direct feedback on your situation which will enable you to gain confidence and deal with the issues in your life much more quickly than you could on your own. I can help you pinpoint and deal with the troubling emotions that underlie a lack of confidence and low self-esteem because I know from personal experience how helpful this can be.
I'll be your sounding board to talk over what's going on for you with no bullshit. Often it takes another person to help us see what's really going on for us.… Continue reading…