Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 76.14 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 56.14 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 39.86 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 26.43 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 14.43 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 11.14 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 9.29 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 8.71 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 7.86 views per day
- How to Cut Emotional Ties with Controlling Parents 7.71 views per day
- How To Stop People Pleasing And Start Facing Conflict
- How Power Postures Give You Greater Self-Confidence
- How To Deal With Someone Who is Upset
- Why I Got Upset In Guitar Class
- How To Recover From A Narcissistic Mother
- Ten Signs That You Had A Narcissistic Mother
- Why Confidence Was the Best Drug Rehabilitation: A Recovering Addict Shares His Story
Tag Archives: connection
I was recently coaching a friend of mine who is highly successful in business, but really struggles when it comes to connecting with women. What I noticed most strongly in our conversation was that my friend talked mostly about what he thought, and very little about how he felt. This was a strategy that served him well in the business world, but didn't work so well when it came to establishing connections with women.
If you want to connect more deeply with women, emotions are the key. Most of us guys have received a great deal of education on how to think, but very little on how to handle feelings. We rarely disclose how we feel to other people, and we aren't good at acknowledging other people's emotions either.
Our emotions are a deeply powerful part of our experience of life, which is why they are so important in connecting more deeply with other people. Women are generally much more aware of how they feel than us men are, partly because they're biologically wired that way, and partly because they've usually spent a lot more time talking over their feelings with their girlfriends. Most men on the other hand are often out of practise when it comes to relating emotionally, because it's often been seen as weak, or as a poor second to relating intellectually.… Continue reading…
I'm a big fan of TED talks, and I love the speakers who have the confidence and courage to talk directly from the heart. One of my favorites in Brené Brown's speech The Power Of Vulnerability, which you may have heard me rave about before. Every time I watch this speech, I find it connects me to a deeper to my own feelings of fear and shame around being vulnerable.
I'm still working on overcoming my deeply rooted fear of other people knowing how I'm feeling, and for me this is the essence of vulnerability. Watching this speech moves me to tears and I know that means that I'm healing my own fear and shame around feeling vulnerable in the past, which leaves me feeling more confident for the future. Which is why I keep coming back to this talk every few months for more.
Brene's research into human connection and vulnerability led her to explore the emotions of guilt, and it's rarely discussed cousin: shame.
Connection with others gives purpose and meaning to our lives. It's why we're here. When you ask people about love, they tell you about heartbreak. When you ask people about connection, they tell you about disconnection.… Continue reading…
This talk by Nicole Daedone explains how to make a woman orgasm when you have sex:
Here's my summary:
- Take it slow
- Make her feel comfortable, so she can relax
- Focus on pleasuring her
- Communicate so that you connect with her; this is key
- Gently stroke around her clitoris
Pretty simple really...… Continue reading…