Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 48.83 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 30.83 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 15.33 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 14.50 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 14.33 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 9.33 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 7.67 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 7.50 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 1 7.50 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.17 views per day
- Creating A Healthier Life: Build Self-Discipline To Conquer Bad Habits And Addictions
- How And When To Go No-Contact With A Narcissistic Parent
- Why She’d Rather Be Friends Than Date
- Learn Advanced Secrets To Dating Beautiful Women
- Overcoming Anxiety, Stress & Burnout with Emotional Intelligence
- How To Help Your Adult Child With A Mental Illness
- How I Healed My Boys High School Choir Bullying Trauma
Tag Archives: communication skills
Hey, it’s Graham here again and if you were to ask me the question, “What’s one book that you could read that would help you to improve your communication skills, get on better with women and men, help you deal with conflict better, make you a better person, just make your life flow more easily and generally improve the quality of life here on the planet?”, one book every human should read is this one.
It’s called Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg. Let me try to hold it straight. And I highly, highly, highly recommend this book. In fact, I would say if you are only able to read one book on personal development or self-help or whatever, how to live a better life, anything, how to self-actualize, this would be the book to read.
Life is difficult when you don't feel good about yourself. Low self-esteem can lead to a lack of self-confidence, difficulty in relationships, social anxiety, depression, and a general sense of unhappiness and disillusionment with life.
But you don't have to suffer from low self-esteem. Here are some steps you can take to build high self-esteem and greater self-confidence:
Work Out What Is Important To You
When we know what we stand for and what our basic values are, we're much less susceptible to the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Even when things don't go our way, we've still got our core values to fall back on. Values that are important to us also act as a guiding light to help us make decisions, and recognize when we're acting out of integrity. The more we act in integrity with our basic values, the more self-esteem we tend to generate.
Spend some time writing down a list of values that are important to you, like happiness, love, respect, success, relationships, family, friends, etc etc. Prioritize the list by asking yourself "Would I give X up for Y?" as you work your way down it.… Continue reading…