Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 34.17 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 29.67 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.17 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.17 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 10.17 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 7.67 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 7.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 6.67 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 6.50 views per day
- How to Recover from a Passive or Ineffective Father 5.17 views per day
Tag Archives: storytelling
A lot of guys who are confident and capable in most areas of life still struggle when it comes to meeting and relating to women confidently. Just because you're good at your job, successful in business, sport or hobbies doesn't necessarily mean you'll be confident with women.
On the other hand, confidence with women does tend to flow over into every other area of your life. It's just one of those fundamental things that effects your whole life when you master it. So here's how to relate to women confidently:
Ask Yourself What You Really Want From Women
What is it you're really looking for from women anyway? Is it love, intimacy, sex or a relationship? Or are you really seeking validation and approval from them, trying to compensate for a lack of true self-esteem? Most guys who struggle to feel confident with women are still trying to make up for childhood love we didn't get from our mothers or stability we didn't get from our fathers. If you had an emotionally disconnected mother, or a passive or emotionally unstable father, this can undermine your self-esteem and show up as nervousness around women.
Public speaking is often seen as the ultimate in self-confidence. After all, if you can get up in front of an audience and talk from a platform, surely you must have amazing confidence. Well, yes and no. The truth is that public speaking is a skill that anyone can learn. You don't have to have amazing confidence to do it. But like learning any new skill, particularly one that involves overcoming a fear, this will boost your general level of self-confidence; which is why learning public speaking is so appealing.
The key to effective public speaking is to tell stories in which you have some emotional investment. Your emotions are what connect you with your audience. If you can get up on stage an relive an exciting or emotionally engaging story, and tie it to some lesson or point that you learned, people will want to hear what you have to say. The secret is to avoid going into presenter mode where you lecture people, which audiences hate. And the way to avoid lecturing is to tell stories.
Storytelling is fun, entertaining, and helps you overcome your self-consciousness in front of other people. Plus you'll find that if you tell personal stories, other people will relate to what you have to say and you'll get positive reinforcement from them, further adding to your growing confidence.… Continue reading…