One of the activities that I recommend in The Confident Man Program Guide is to learn to play a musical instrument. There are a whole host of benefits to doing this beyond simply being able to play music: You also learn a whole bunch of life success skills in the process such as:
- Committing to a challenging task
- Taking daily action towards your goal in the form of practice
- Dealing with plateaus and setbacks
- Overcoming your own resistance to success
- Developing both sides of your brain: analytical and emotional
- Expressing yourself on a deeper level
- Having more fun!