Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 45.17 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 25.33 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 13.83 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.67 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 8.17 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 7.83 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.00 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 6.83 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 6.83 views per day
Tag Archives: healing trauma
Effective therapy heals emotional trauma in your brain and central nervous system by providing a safe environment for you to express your true feelings, with the support of an empathic non-judgmental connection between you and the therapist.
The three main things to look for in a therapist are:
- You feel emotionally safe to share your feelings with them
- They communicate empathically so you feel understood
- Ability to handle strong unpleasant feelings without criticism or judgement
It's normal to feel nervous when seeing a new therapist for the first time, but trust your instincts to tell you whether these three things are present. If not, look elsewhere.
Here's a video explaining this in more detail:… Continue reading…
Effective therapy can heal emotional trauma. It works by providing a safe space to express and release the residual emotional charge on unpleasant memories.
Here's a video describing the process in more detail:… Continue reading…
Trauma is the unpleasant residual emotional charge left in our brain and central nervous system connected with memories of emotionally overwhelming events from the past.
Here's a video on how it works:
I've been watching a lot of movies lately on the theme of "The Hero's Journey" that every man must take in order to grow from being a boy into being a man. I've been particularly drawn to movies that talk about hope and masculine empowerment, such as The Shawshank Redemption which is currently rated number one on the IMDB list of the top 250 movies.
Obviously the reason why this particular movie is so highly rated is that it strikes a chord deep in the soul of everyone who watches it. I've seen it several times before, but this time it's struck some nerves with me that hadn't quite been hit before.