Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 33.00 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 29.17 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 11.50 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.17 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 8.50 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.33 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 7.17 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 6.33 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 6.33 views per day
- How to Recover from a Passive or Ineffective Father 5.50 views per day
Tag Archives: subconscious
A lot of guys I know who struggle with their self-confidence had a controlling or domineering mother. This can be a problem that affects our adult relationships with women even if we only have minimal contact with our mothers now. Your mother's influence over you as a child can continue well into adulthood and even past her death.
If your mother was particularly critical and/or controlling (like mine was), she would have seen your growing independence as a threat to be crushed at all costs. A mother like that is a force to be reckoned with that totally overwhelms a child's sense of self. The only option we have as a child is to learn to submit to this woman's power in order to survive.
But giving up your power like that comes at a massive cost later in life unless you claim it back now that you're a man.
Healthy mothers go through a grieving process when a boy grows into a man and separates from her emotionally and physically. You become released from the emotional ties to her moods, values, beliefs and opinions as you become your own man.… Continue reading…