Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 45.43 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 32.71 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 14.29 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 11.29 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 10.43 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 9.57 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.57 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.57 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 6.86 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 6.29 views per day
Tag Archives: somatic experiencing
Emotional wounds from early life can have a profoundly detrimental effect on our self confidence and our ability to be successful in life.
Even wounds that we're unaware of or reluctant to acknowledge can still strongly effect us because they operate on the unconscious or subconscious level. These wounds can lead to self-sabotaging behaviour that may be obvious to other people, while we remain oblivious to what's going on. Yet we keep encountering similar painful experiences in life over and over, unable to pinpoint what's causing this pattern or how to break out of it.
Often deep emotional wounds that we may be unaware of are at the heart of our ongoing suffering. Fortunately my good friend Peter Saxon is an expert on dealing with exactly this problem in men's lives, and I recently seized the opportunity to interview him on the topic.
My favourite quote from this interview is:
“When we really get to experience our feelings directly without avoiding or grasping or going to the emotional drama of the feeling, and are actually be able to sit with it, and then look to identify what the need is underneath that feeling, and getting help to meet that need: life changes dramatically.”… Continue reading…