Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 34.33 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 29.67 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.17 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.17 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 10.17 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 7.83 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 7.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 6.67 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 6.50 views per day
- How to Recover from a Passive or Ineffective Father 5.17 views per day
Tag Archives: setbacks
Time for some truth-telling: things haven't been entirely rosy here at Confident Man Headquarters in the last few months. Life has ups and downs, and I'm certainly not immune to the emotional roller-coaster effect they can cause. They say bad luck comes in threes and I don't know if it's just bad luck, bad karma or whatever, but I do know it hasn't felt all that great lately.
So what's been going on?
Well, firstly I started a new treatment program for Chronic Fatigue and although I'm cautiously optimistic of my health improving, one of the initial side-effects was being hit with a truckload of anxiety which left me feeling despondent, depressed and hopeless.
Around the same time I entered a Theatrical Improvisation (a.k.a. Improv) contest with some new friends of mine; only to withdraw before the contest had even begun because I was feeling overwhelmed with anxiety and stress. Something I loved doing suddenly stopped being fun.
I also quit Toastmasters because I now know enough about public speaking and it doesn't make sense to pursue it any further until my health improves. This meant my social world was shrinking, right at the time I was feeling isolated, ill and anxious already.… Continue reading…