Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 35.33 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 30.17 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 11.00 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.83 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 10.50 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.00 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 7.33 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 7.00 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 6.50 views per day
- How to Recover from a Passive or Ineffective Father 5.17 views per day
Tag Archives: rejection
Dealing with “rejection” is one of the hardest things for many of us to learn, especially when we lack deep inner confidence. It's taken a long time for me to get a handle on, but I'm definitely getting better at handling rejection these days.
At a recent Love, Intimacy and Sexuality workshop run by The Human Awareness Institute, I found myself dealing with rejection right from the word go. Our very first task was to choose a buddy for the weekend, and I immediately found myself drawn to the most attractive woman in the room.
Problem was, so was another guy. And she chose him over me.
Before I knew it, that story was running in my head about other guys being better than me in some way: more attractive, sexier, more desirable. But the good thing was that the voice telling the story wasn't as loud as it used to be, and the unpleasant feeling it created in me wasn't as overwhelming. I'd been “rejected” in favor of another guy, but I was doing OK.
The very next exercise involved picking a partner, and again the same woman sprang straight to mind. I knew if I didn't act immediately, that voice in my head would start making up a big dramatic story about how she'd already rejected me once and so she obviously didn't like me.… Continue reading…
Rejection is generally the number one fear most guys have when it comes to women. For many years, I was too terrified of rejection to approach the women I was attracted to, which is why I decided I needed to get them to approach me instead. It's normal to fear rejection; it's an instinctual response going back to the days when rejection from the tribe meant certain death. But that's not the end of the story; rejection is no longer terminal and this fear can be overcome. I'm still working on overcoming my fear of rejection, and here are some simple strategies that I find helpful for handling it:
Remember It's About Them, Not About You
Rejection stings because we turn it into a story about us: We get rejected and conclude that we're not good enough, not worthy enough, not deserving enough, not interesting enough, not attractive enough. Any insecurity about ourselves is immediately linked to the women who we think has rejected us. Then we generalize and assume that if one woman rejects us, every woman will reject us because there is something wrong with us. It's all about us.
The antidote to this is to remind us that rejection says more about them than it does about us.… Continue reading…