Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 33.00 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 29.17 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 11.50 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.17 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 8.50 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.33 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 7.17 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 6.33 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 6.33 views per day
- How to Recover from a Passive or Ineffective Father 5.50 views per day
Tag Archives: overcoming submissiveness
I want to share with you a recent victory I had over the fear of being assertive with strangers, and why it's so significant for me. A few days ago I was sitting on a bench seat in a popular park down by the beach near where I live, reading a book written by my father about his early life. After a few minutes another man walked up and asked “Do you mind if I sit here?”, gesturing to the other end of the seat.
“No, that's fine”, I smiled and said before returning to my book.
The beach in question is a popular tourist destination and attracts a lot of backpackers from all around the world. This guy looked like he might be one, and appeared to be by himself. While reading my book I started to feel a little guilty for ignoring him, as I imagined him being a lonely backpacker in a foreign land seeking someone to talk to.
In reality I wasn't “ignoring him”; I was just reading my book which is what I wanted to do. But my old caretaker conditioning of putting other people's needs before my own was kicking in.… Continue reading…