Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 45.50 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 26.00 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 14.00 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.83 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.67 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 8.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 8.00 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.17 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 6.83 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 6.83 views per day
Tag Archives: non-violent communication
If you have someone in your life who treat you in ways that leave you feeling unsafe, propose introducing these Ground Rules For Emotionally Safe Communication in that relationship.
Agreeing to these ground rules in all our communication helps us both to feel safe and have our feelings respected. They are particularly important during challenging conversations when we are triggered with anger, sadness, fear, guilt and/or shame. We commit to applying them even when we are most upset.… Continue reading…
Rates of mental illness are rapidly increasing in the Western world. Depression and anxiety have become common place, and they're just the tip of the iceberg compared to more severe mental illnesses such as bipolar, schizophrenia and so-called personality disorders such as borderline personality disorder.
So why has mental illness become such a problem in a society which offers more opportunity, longer life expectancies and greater possibility than ever before? What causes mental illness, and how can it be cured?
I'm not a psychiatrist or doctor so don't take what I say as medical advice, but my opinion is that virtually all mental illness is caused by a build-up of psychological pressure in the primitive emotional centres of our brains. The cure is to learn how to release this pressure in a safe environment with empathy from another human being.… Continue reading…