Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 49.50 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 31.17 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 15.00 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 9.67 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 9.50 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 9.33 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 7.17 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 7.00 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 6.17 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 5.67 views per day
Tag Archives: meisner technique
Taking an acting class isn't your traditional type of therapy, but it can dramatically boost your self-confidence. The great thing about acting classes is that they give you permission to expand the emotional boundaries of your personality, and you discover that you aren't as limited as you thought.
Acting teacher Sanford Meisner described acting as “Living truthfully under imaginary circumstances". When you learn to act, you confront those areas of your life where you're inhibited, holding back, and living in-authentically. You also get permission to go into areas where your personality normally wouldn't go, and realize that there are other authentic roles in life that you could play than the one you've been playing up till now.
Acting is particularly good at affirming your emotional nature as a human being. If you normally hold back on expressing how you feel, an acting class will snap you out of it. Even just being in an environment with creative people whose lifeblood depends on the ability to feel and express emotion is liberating.
If you want to meet women, an acting class is a great place to do it. You'll work together on scripts and scenes where they'll get to see a side of you that you probably don't often show and may not even be aware of at the moment.… Continue reading…