Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 34.33 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 29.67 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.17 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.17 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 10.17 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 7.83 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 7.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 6.67 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 6.50 views per day
- How to Recover from a Passive or Ineffective Father 5.17 views per day
Tag Archives: letting go
Many people are looking for the answer to the basic question: how to be happy?
We all want to enjoy life and avoid suffering, but there's more to it than just that. So here are my 10 secret keys to happiness:
#1: Make A Difference To Other People
No man is an island. We're all biologically wired to live in community, and to make a contribution to the greater good. Of course we're also wired for self-protection and to get our personal needs met, but millions of years of evolutionary development living in tribes means that we can't do this in isolation. Loneliness is one stark reminder of this that motivates us to reconnect with our fellow man.
If you make yourself the center of the universe, and your life solely about meeting your own needs, you create personal misery. At the other end of the spectrum, martyrdom will make you bitter and resentful. The primary key to happiness is to find ways to make a positive difference to other people in a way that energizes you without depleting you.
#2: Use Your Gifts, Talents and Passion
To be energized in the long haul while you're busy making a difference to other people, you need to be utilizing your unique gifts and talents in ways that you feel passionate about.… Continue reading…
Stress is the unspoken epidemic of the 21st century. There's too much to do, too much pressure, too many people to please. We feel restless, tense and on edge much of the time. You can't relax. After a while, you begin to think that this is normal; the way you're supposed to feel all the time. You get addicted to your own adrenalin.
You never take the time to even breathe properly. You push, and push, and push as though your life depends on doing what you think you need to do. There's never enough time. And when your current project is done, there's always a new one to work on. The pressure never ends. You get headaches frequently, but push on regardless.
Left untreated, chronic stress will destroy your health and rob you of your zest for life. Eventually you burn out, give up, fall ill, get depressed and just don't care any more. It's important to learn how to manage stress before that happens. Here are some tips on how to do it:
Take Regular Breaks
Your body isn't built to handle the non-stop adrenaline rush of chronic stress. If you live in a constantly adrenalin charged state, eventually your health will suffer.… Continue reading…