Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 46.17 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 26.67 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 14.00 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 11.00 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.83 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 8.50 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 8.17 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.67 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 6.83 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 6.83 views per day
Tag Archives: jung
Dealing with “rejection” is one of the hardest things for many of us to learn, especially when we lack deep inner confidence. It's taken a long time for me to get a handle on, but I'm definitely getting better at handling rejection these days.
At a recent Love, Intimacy and Sexuality workshop run by The Human Awareness Institute, I found myself dealing with rejection right from the word go. Our very first task was to choose a buddy for the weekend, and I immediately found myself drawn to the most attractive woman in the room.
Problem was, so was another guy. And she chose him over me.
Before I knew it, that story was running in my head about other guys being better than me in some way: more attractive, sexier, more desirable. But the good thing was that the voice telling the story wasn't as loud as it used to be, and the unpleasant feeling it created in me wasn't as overwhelming. I'd been “rejected” in favor of another guy, but I was doing OK.
The very next exercise involved picking a partner, and again the same woman sprang straight to mind. I knew if I didn't act immediately, that voice in my head would start making up a big dramatic story about how she'd already rejected me once and so she obviously didn't like me.… Continue reading…