Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 49.00 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 32.33 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 12.00 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.33 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.00 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 9.17 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 9.00 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 8.50 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.33 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 6.50 views per day
- Why She’d Rather Be Friends Than Date
- Learn Advanced Secrets To Dating Beautiful Women
- Overcoming Anxiety, Stress & Burnout with Emotional Intelligence
- How To Help Your Adult Child With A Mental Illness
- How I Healed My Boys High School Choir Bullying Trauma
- 3 Steps to Manage Anger and Other Emotions More Effectively
- Benefits Of The FPS Technique For Anger Management
Tag Archives: father issues
I've noticed a strong pattern in the lives of a lot of guys who I've been talking to lately who have had issues with self-confidence, especially around women: the combination of a dominant, controlling mother and a passive father. It's the disastrous duo for a boy's confidence growing into a man.
One of the unfortunate realities of life is that controlling women tend to attract passive men. So if you have a controlling mother, you're likely to also have ended up with a passive father as your primary male role model.
Controlling women attempt to dominate the men in their lives in order to assuage their own inner anxiety about the unpredictable nature of life and their lack of trust in healthy masculine power.
Confident, powerful men don't put up with this sort of behaviour: they assert themselves and if necessary walk away knowing that there are plenty of other fish in the sea. So controlling women tend to end up left with passive men who are willing to be pushed around because they don't know how to stand up for themselves.
Unfortunately that means that if you had a controlling mother, you probably also had a passive father, which is a double-blow to your developing masculinity.… Continue reading…