Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 45.17 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 25.33 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 13.83 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.67 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 8.17 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 7.83 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.00 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 6.83 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 6.83 views per day
Tag Archives: expressing anger
I was on my way to music class this morning and the peak hour train was a little more crowded than usual. As I headed downstairs to find a seat, I came across a couple of men occupying two opposite-facing three-person bench seats. I wasn't keen on standing for a half hour while two guys occupied six seats, so I politely said "Excuse me" to the guy on the aisle end of backward-facing seat, and he kindly moved over to the window to accommodate me.
As I sat in the newly vacant aisle seat, I felt constrained by the man sitting in the middle of the bench seat opposite me. He was sitting forward with his legs spread wide in the classic genital display pose that male primates evolved to demonstrate dominance to other lesser primates. So wide in fact that his left leg and knee were taking up at least a third of the legroom in my own individual seat.
His behavior may have been unintentional and unconscious; but it didn't feel good to have my newly acquired space dominated by another man's knee.
I'm working on getting over my fear of conflict with strangers, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to be assertive with one who was overstepping my boundaries; albeit boundaries that I had just stepped into by requesting the seat.… Continue reading…