Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 45.50 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 26.33 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 14.00 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.83 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 8.67 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 8.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 8.00 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.33 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 6.83 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 6.83 views per day
Tag Archives: Charlie Hebdo
I've woken up this morning, and the world's gone crazy again. Men with guns have killed people who offended them, plus a few other random people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Last month it was my own hometown of Sydney, this month it's another city I love, Paris.
Social media and the newspapers are abuzz with political leaders and lay people saying they won't cave in to “terrorists” by giving in to fear. Police and military forces have responded, and most of the gunmen and their accomplices are now dead. So are some of the hostages.
I feel deeply saddened for the people who have lost their lives, and the families they leave behind. Yet I don't buy the rhetoric that says we won't feel fear because that would just be giving the “terrorists” what they want. To be honest, I feel frightened and powerless when I see people much like myself caught up in hostage dramas and ending up dying at the hands of men with guns who believe their martyrdom will earn them rewards in an afterlife I don't even believe exists.
How can I possibly hope to influence the behaviour of people who subscribe to an ideology I don't agree with, following a religion I don't know much about, with a spiritual leader who appears above criticism in their minds?… Continue reading…