Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 48.33 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 32.67 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 13.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 12.67 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 10.83 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 9.00 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 8.83 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 7.67 views per day
- How to Recover from a Christian Upbringing 6.33 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 6.17 views per day
- Why She’d Rather Be Friends Than Date
- Learn Advanced Secrets To Dating Beautiful Women
- Overcoming Anxiety, Stress & Burnout with Emotional Intelligence
- How To Help Your Adult Child With A Mental Illness
- How I Healed My Boys High School Choir Bullying Trauma
- 3 Steps to Manage Anger and Other Emotions More Effectively
- Benefits Of The FPS Technique For Anger Management
Tag Archives: attachment
I was just listening to The New Man Podcast interview with Robert Glover talking about Nice Guy Syndrome, where Dr Glover points out that the underlying cause of the nice guy's dysfunctional behaviour is anxiety. Anyone familiar with Buddhist philosophy will be aware that attachment causes suffering, but Robert points out that attachment also causes anxiety.
We can't avoid anxiety altogether, so we need to learn how to soothe it within ourselves. The solution is to identify what particular attachment is causing anxiety when we feel it, and consciously let the attachment go each time in occurs. Whenever we feel anxious ask the question:
What am I attached to right now?
Then take a deep breath, and think "I'm letting go of being attached to X".
For me, examples are:
- I'm attached to being well, when I'm feeling ill.
- I'm attached to her liking me, when I'm talking to a pretty woman.
- I'm attached to being successful, when I'm working on my business.
- I'm attached to getting good comments, when I'm writing a new blog post.
- I'm attached to this being a best-seller, when I'm working on writing a book.
- I'm attached to getting it right/perfect first time, when I'm trying something new.