Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 43.83 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 32.50 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 12.00 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 11.33 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.33 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 9.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 8.33 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 7.17 views per day
- How to Recover from a Passive or Ineffective Father 5.83 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 5.67 views per day
Tag Archives: powerlessness
I felt appalled this morning to read the letter by Taliban commander Adnan Rashid justifying why Pakistani schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai had been shot in the head. While the letter expresses some remorse over the shooting, it also goes on to justify the shooting based on Yousafzai's advocacy of freedom of non-religious education for Pakistani women.
I felt angry when I read about this. I wanted to do something about the injustice and other dilemmas that arise for me when I read a man's explanation for the shooting of a woman simply for expressing an opinion he disagreed with, and the religious system that was used to justify it.
However, I feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of the problem: millions of men on all sides going to war over their inability to control the thoughts and actions of other men and women. In this specific case, of one young woman in particular; but it's hardly an isolated incident. The problem is enormous. And in feeling overwhelmed, I felt powerless. Powerless to do anything to help these men in the Taliban.
Hang on a sec... powerless to help these men? Why would I want to help the Taliban, when they go around shooting young women in the head?… Continue reading…