Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 85.86 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 61.00 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 45.86 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 26.57 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 16.86 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 12.57 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.29 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 10.14 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 7.57 views per day
- How to Cut Emotional Ties with Controlling Parents 7.29 views per day
- How To Stop People Pleasing And Start Facing Conflict
- How Power Postures Give You Greater Self-Confidence
- How To Deal With Someone Who is Upset
- Why I Got Upset In Guitar Class
- How To Recover From A Narcissistic Mother
- Ten Signs That You Had A Narcissistic Mother
- Why Confidence Was the Best Drug Rehabilitation: A Recovering Addict Shares His Story
Tag Archives: systematic desensitization
Many men have mother issues that undermine our self-confidence by stopping us from really growing up and fulfilling our true potential. Unresolved mother issues cause us to remain emotionally and developmentally immature; a boy in a man's body. If we had a critical or controlling mother we're particularly prone to having mother issues. Add in a passive father and a lack of tribal structure with initiation rituals in modern society to force us from the cozy comfort of our mother's breast, and it's easy to slip from childhood into adulthood without ever actually growing up.
This leaves us forever unconsciously seeking comfort and reassurance from our mother, and our neediness ends up projected onto any woman we come across; which is a disaster for our relationships with women.
In normal human development, we individuate from our mothers during adolescence as we grow into being our own man with our own set of values different from hers. This is a time of rapid brain rewiring and emotional upheaval as we alternate between feeling emotionally connected with our mother, and separating from her to explore the world and our place in it.… Continue reading…
The key to dealing with any form of debilitating anxiety is to expose yourself to a mild dose of the situation that makes you just a little anxious, but not overwhelming so. The anxiety subsides naturally as you master the situation, building your confidence. You then increase the intensity of the situation, always remaining below the level at which you feel overwhelmed.
Psychologists call this Systematic Desensitization or Exposure Therapy. Psychologist Dr Russ Harris described it in our interview as “The most powerful technique in all of psychology”. It works extremely when done correctly, and my online confidence building course is based on applying this technique in the real world.
This is usually an adjunct to other types of therapy.
You have to expose yourself to the very thing you fear
Can re-traumatize you, if not done gradually