Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 73.00 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 51.00 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 42.71 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 22.57 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 19.86 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 14.00 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 12.57 views per day
- How To Recover From A Narcissistic Mother 11.57 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 11.29 views per day
- Top 10 Flirty Things to Say 9.71 views per day
Tag Archives: suffering
I've been watching David DeAngelo's Deep Inner Game program with Dr Paul, and it's really brilliant. The program is about developing the mindset that men need to be successful, particularly focused on women, dating and relationships. This mindset is often referred to as our “inner game”, and it really extends to the bigger picture of being confident and successful in life generally.
Here are some of the key things that I've learned:
Many of our problems in relating to other people are caused by having a weak psychological and emotional personal boundary, often viewed as having holes in our boundary.
Saying “No” is how we patch holes in our boundary.
Expressing preferences also helps build our boundary, and demonstrates it to other people. Women find this very attractive, even if their preferences differ from ours. If you're very bad at expressing preferences, you may feel like you don't have any; in which case you may need to start with arbitrary preferences. e.g. I love dogs, I hate cats.
Immature boundaries either have holes, or are thick and impermeable. Mature boundaries have doors that allow us to control what gets in and what does not.
Perfectionism is caused by a hole in our boundary, projecting our own faults and internal ideals out onto other people.… Continue reading…