Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 68.57 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 42.29 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 41.14 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 13.29 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 13.14 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.86 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.29 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 1 8.57 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 8.43 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 8.14 views per day
Tag Archives: story telling
I'm sitting in a Youth Hostel in Melbourne, Australia where I'm staying for a couple of weeks while visiting the Melbourne International Comedy festival. I've just had breakfast and am sitting near the kitchen area chilling out before heading out for a day on the town. While I'm not one to eavesdrop, I can't help but overhear snippets of the Skype conversation of the woman sitting next to me.
And what I hear is: drama. Drama, drama, drama. "She did this", "he did that", "she said this", "she said that", "She thinks I'm a bad influence", "they don't like me", "she hated it", "it sucked", "it was awful"...
Ok, you get the idea.
If there was heaps of space, I'd simply move and get away from the negative energy; but it's pretty crowded this morning, and the conversation reminded me how easy it is to get addicted to our own drama, and the dramas in other people's lives around us.
Now it would be a different story if the woman was debriefing about her emotions regarding the drama she's describing, but I'm not hearing many words from our emotional vocabulary like "sad", "angry", "scared", "happy"; nor phrases like "I felt ...", "I feel..." etc.… Continue reading…