Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 63.86 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 39.14 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 36.71 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 13.14 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 12.43 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.29 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 9.71 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 9.14 views per day
- How To Be Assertive With Strangers 9.00 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 1 7.43 views per day
Tag Archives: respect
Hey, it's Graham from The Confident Man Project here again and today I want to talk to you about the concept of developing a strong point of view. Now, this is a concept I've borrowed from the acting world and it's very applicable I find to guys, particularly when we lack self-confidence. Often we've given up on having a really strong point of view.
Perhaps our opinion in the past hasn't really been validated or hasn't been valued or other people haven't respected our point of view and we've learnt over time to just become kind of bland and neutral in our ideas about everything.
If you have someone in your life who treat you in ways that leave you feeling unsafe, propose introducing these Ground Rules For Emotionally Safe Communication in that relationship.
Agreeing to these ground rules in all our communication helps us both to feel safe and have our feelings respected. They are particularly important during challenging conversations when we are triggered with anger, sadness, fear, guilt and/or shame. We commit to applying them even when we are most upset.… Continue reading…