Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 53.50 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 32.33 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 17.00 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 11.50 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.50 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 9.67 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 8.17 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 7.83 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 6.83 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 6.83 views per day
Tag Archives: post traumatic stress
Many of you may have heard of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. Whilst there is no standard definition of PTSD, it is generally agreed that PTSD is an anxiety disorder that occurs when a person sees their life flash before their eyes. For example they are involved in, or witness, a near death incident, or a series of events resulting in them having the perception that life as they know it, is about to end.
Emotional overload in these circumstances causes the primitive region of the brain called the limbic region, responsible for brains involvement in emotions, to recalibrate in order to cope. PTSD occurs when the brain doesn’t go back to normal operation of its own accord.
So why talk about PTSD here?
Well it gives a great extreme example of emotions at play within us. You may not suffer from it, but you may demonstrate some of the same characteristics. This is very normal, and has occurred for the same reasons as someone with ‘the bug’ (I use the term bug, because it highlights that you can get over the disorder to live a normal life) – self defence.
There are many elements involved with a person suffering from PTSD, but one of the major ones is their emotions.… Continue reading…