Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 48.83 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 31.83 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 12.00 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.50 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.17 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 9.67 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 9.00 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 8.17 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 7.33 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 6.50 views per day
- Why She’d Rather Be Friends Than Date
- Learn Advanced Secrets To Dating Beautiful Women
- Overcoming Anxiety, Stress & Burnout with Emotional Intelligence
- How To Help Your Adult Child With A Mental Illness
- How I Healed My Boys High School Choir Bullying Trauma
- 3 Steps to Manage Anger and Other Emotions More Effectively
- Benefits Of The FPS Technique For Anger Management
Tag Archives: narcissistic mother
Growing up with a narcissistic mother can be a complete disaster for a growing boy's of self, self-confidence, and future adult relationships. Narcissists are essentially children walking around in an adult body, which makes them incredibly challenging to have as a parent. Even if your narcissistic mother does eventually grow up, her emotional unavailability and controlling nature when you were developing your sense of self can leave deep wounds in an adult man's psyche.
If you're wondering whether you had a narcissistic mother, check out my previous article Ten Signs That You Had A Narcissistic Mother.
Here's how to recover:… Continue reading…
I had a narcissistic mother and it was a complete disaster for my boyhood sense of self-confidence and the way I saw myself as I grew into a man. A narcissistic mother can leave deep emotional and psychological wounds that get triggered in our daily adult lives, undermining our self-confidence and making life extremely stressful. The impact is most pronounced in our relationships with women, leaving us feeling disempowered and emasculated around women until we get our narcissistic mother wound healed.
Narcissists carry a lot of internalized shame and project their own unhealed emotional wounds onto everyone around them, especially their children. As a boy we were powerless to deal with our narcissistic mother and may still carry this sense of powerlessness along with her paranoid world view unconsciously into adulthood.
It's easy to recognize a narcissistic mother because they typically:… Continue reading…