Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 78.29 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 39.57 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 38.43 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 17.57 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 13.86 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 10.29 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 10.00 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 8.71 views per day
- How to Recover from a Christian Upbringing 6.57 views per day
- How to Recover from a Passive or Ineffective Father 6.29 views per day
Tag Archives: mental health week
It's Mental Health Week here in Australia, and I'm very pleased to see many organisations and individuals talking about the topic of mental health in order to provide hope for healing and reduce the stigma surrounding mental illness in our community. I'm also a little anxious because the issue is close to my heart. There are many people who suffer from mental illness in my extended family and I know we still have a long way to go as a community in tackling the problems underlying the recent rapid increase in mental illness.
Having suffered from debilitating panic attacks, social phobia, generalised anxiety, depression and chronic fatigue myself, I know that these are real biological conditions which you can't just “snap yourself out of” or simply wish away with positive thinking or well-intentioned affirmations alone.
Especially for men.
Destigmatising mental illness is certainly a step in the right direction, but if we want to help people living with mental illness to free themselves from their suffering, we need to go a step deeper and destigmatise the emotions behind it too.
Let's face it: Men have feelings, and it's time we stopped holding them in.… Continue reading…