Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 68.14 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 44.86 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 35.71 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 19.57 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 12.00 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 6.57 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 5.71 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 5.29 views per day
- How To Stay Healthy At Work 4.57 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 4.00 views per day
Tag Archives: guys
Hey guys, I just want to respond to Tony Porter's TEDWomen speech about the man box and his call to men. I think the only problem with this speech is that it's given at a conference mainly with women.T he actual substance of his talk really isn't just about violence against women: It's about freedom for men as you'll notice in the quote right at the very end.
I can totally relate to what Tony's saying. I had a father who was just emotionally not there. He was physically there so perhaps I was luckier than some guys, but when it came to anything related to emotions he completely kept them to himself. He was obviously very ashamed of how he felt and I think still is, and as a result the only emotions that I could see him express really were when he would seethe with frustration or when he would explode with anger.
And, yeah, that might be okay for the man box, but it's not okay for relationships with people generally. So, yeah, I can relate to Tony's message, and I recommend this video to any guys, not just to women:
Hey guys, I read a lot of books on personal development and as a result of that it’s pretty rare nowadays that I come across a book that contains brand new concepts or ideas that I’ve never heard of before. So what I’m looking for in the books that I read now is more a matter of how they affect me, like how they make me feel.
Because I really believe that if you want to make a lasting change in your life, then you need to deal with emotions and particularly the emotions that we have been avoiding feeling in the past and all that business that’s repressed in our subconscious.