Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 68.57 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 42.29 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 41.14 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 13.29 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 13.14 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 10.86 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.29 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 1 8.57 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 8.43 views per day
- The Day I Finally Stood Up To My Critical Mother 8.14 views per day
Tag Archives: fear of failure
One of the things I highly recommend for facing your fears in The Confident Man Program is getting up at an open-mic night and performing in front of a live audience. You'll feel the excitement beforehand and the adrenaline rush when you're up there, and the elation afterwards knowing that you've conquered most people's biggest fear. From then on, it becomes really fun.
Given that I like to walk my talk, here's the video of my recent graduation gig from a stand-up comedy course that I did recently. My biggest fear was losing the plot on-stage and forgetting my material. Everything was going great until about 5 minutes in... when I lost it completely! The results was hilarious. I know you'll enjoy it:
You're feeling excited about a project and keen to move forward, and then the evil gremlins in your mind rise up and strike a blow that stops you in your tracks. Or perhaps you feel stuck in your tracks unsure even which way to move in the first place. If so, there's a good chance you're being held back by self-doubt.
I know the feeling all too well. The fear of failure, the procrastination, the voice in my head that says “nobody will read that article”, “nobody will come to your gig”, or “you're gonna fuck it up in front of everybody!”. It all comes down to self-doubt and the fear of failure that lurks beneath.
So how do you overcome this evil gremlin?
Here's what I tell myself when self-doubt strikes:… Continue reading…