Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 74.71 views per day
- How to Recover From a Controlling Mother 53.00 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 43.71 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 20.29 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 10.00 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 7.71 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 1 7.57 views per day
- How To Recover From A Narcissistic Mother 7.14 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 6.86 views per day
- Ten Signs That You Had A Narcissistic Mother 6.57 views per day
- How To Stop People Pleasing And Start Facing Conflict
- How Power Postures Give You Greater Self-Confidence
- How To Deal With Someone Who is Upset
- Why I Got Upset In Guitar Class
- How To Recover From A Narcissistic Mother
- Ten Signs That You Had A Narcissistic Mother
- Why Confidence Was the Best Drug Rehabilitation: A Recovering Addict Shares His Story
Tag Archives: active listening
I was recently coaching a friend of mine who is highly successful in business, but really struggles when it comes to connecting with women. What I noticed most strongly in our conversation was that my friend talked mostly about what he thought, and very little about how he felt. This was a strategy that served him well in the business world, but didn't work so well when it came to establishing connections with women.
If you want to connect more deeply with women, emotions are the key. Most of us guys have received a great deal of education on how to think, but very little on how to handle feelings. We rarely disclose how we feel to other people, and we aren't good at acknowledging other people's emotions either.
Our emotions are a deeply powerful part of our experience of life, which is why they are so important in connecting more deeply with other people. Women are generally much more aware of how they feel than us men are, partly because they're biologically wired that way, and partly because they've usually spent a lot more time talking over their feelings with their girlfriends. Most men on the other hand are often out of practise when it comes to relating emotionally, because it's often been seen as weak, or as a poor second to relating intellectually.… Continue reading…
The way we speak in conversation with other people says a lot about how confident we feel, yet we're often unaware of the subtle nuances of the way we're communicating and the resulting message we're sending about our self-image to other people. Simply changing the way we converse can boost our general level of confidence. When we hear ourselves communicating more effectively it reminds us of our innate power and inner confidence. And when others experience us as a powerful communicator, we connect better, gain greater trust and respect, and become the sort of person other people want to be around.
So here are some simple, easy ways to converse with greater confidence:
Be Clear and Direct, Avoiding Waffle
Ever notice how some people you talk with say the same thing over and over, rephrasing their point in different ways without ever stopping to ever see if you got it or not? As they waffle on and on, you find yourself losing interest and feeling confused about what it is they are really saying.
Confident communication is clear, direct and succinct. The fewer words you can make a point in, the more powerful it will be. Strunk and White's advice in their classic book on writing The Elements of Style is equally applicable when speaking: make every word tell.… Continue reading…