Become a Confident Man
Follow The Project
Become More Confident With Free Email Updates
Most Popular Posts
- How to Recover from a Critical Parent 39.83 views per day
- The Disastrous Duo: Controlling Mother, Passive Father 26.17 views per day
- How To Cut The Emotional Umbilical Cord With Your Mother 12.50 views per day
- Do You Have Mother Issues? 10.50 views per day
- How to Recover from a Violent or Abusive Childhood 9.50 views per day
- Unlocking Repressed Anger: What To Do If You "Never Get Angry" 9.50 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 2 9.00 views per day
- How To Handle A Boyfriend Or Husband With A Controlling Mother: Part 1 6.50 views per day
- 10 Signs Your Family Is Crazy-Making 6.00 views per day
- How To Heal Your Mother Issues 5.67 views per day
- Overcoming Anxiety, Stress & Burnout with Emotional Intelligence
- How To Help Your Adult Child With A Mental Illness
- How I Healed My Boys High School Choir Bullying Trauma
- 3 Steps to Manage Anger and Other Emotions More Effectively
- Benefits Of The FPS Technique For Anger Management
- How To Choose An Effective Therapist
- What To Look For In A Therapist
Category Archives: Health
For my work (in France), I've had to go to numerous customers and I can testify that professional spaces are often too standard. Without even noticing, it can have a negative impact on each one's wellness.
The desks are all the same. The people dress the same way. But specially, the behaviors are standardized. One compares to the others, and tries not to draw attention or to seem too different. Of course, that is not the case for all companies. Especially, small ones tend to be more relaxed.
In this article, I will encourage you to go against the conventions in order to preserve your physical and mental health. Don't be afraid of the looks of other people.
Easy to say, but technically, what does that mean exactly? Let's get into examples.… Continue reading…
Eight weeks ago I finally got around to taking swimming lessons. It's something that I had been planning to do ever since moving to live near the beach 18 months ago. There are a number of reasons for this: firstly, I don't feel safe in the ocean when I'm out of my depth. Deep down I know that I'm not a confident swimmer and whenever I'm in deep water my body responds with a lot of anxiety. I figured that if I knew I could swim confidently I wouldn't get so anxious about not being able to touch the bottom.I go body boarding a lot and I feel relatively safe with the board strapped to my arm. But I get caught in rips all the time and I know that if the strap was to break or I lost the board somehow, I'd be in real trouble.
Plus I think swimming is a great exercise for overcoming deep-seated anxiety. The full immersion in the water gives gentle stimulation to our nervous system, and it's also a relatively low impact exercise. So long as you don't drown, that is.
The arm movement involved in swimming could also be particularly beneficial.… Continue reading…
Hey, it's Graham again from The Confident Man Project, and today you're going to learn about how to start an exercise routine and why that is important to your self-confidence. Well, exercise is an awesome thing. There really are very few downsides unless you do too hard and you injure yourself.
But exercise is good for your physical health, it's good for your mental health, it's a massive cure for depression and anxiety, it boosts your self-confidence, it helps you build muscle tone, it generally makes you more sociable. So there's really no downside. It takes a little bit of time, but if you don't have time for exercise then, well, your priorities are a little bit screwed and you really need to get that into gear and get it fixed.
If you're carrying around a few extra pounds of flab, that's not going to be great for your confidence. A bunch of friends of mine have recently forked out for an expensive coaching program to motivate them to lose weight fast; and although it seems to be working for them, I shake my head each time they talk about it.
Why? Because you can lose weight for free, without really trying. I know because I've been doing it myself for the last few months. In fact I'm kinda pissed off that the new board shorts that I bought at the beginning of this summer are too big for me now and I'll have to fork out for a new pair soon.
So here's how to lose weight without really trying:
Stop Looking For A Quick Fix
The biggest problem with the well-intentioned program my friends are on is that it promises a relatively quick fix. If you want your body to settle at its ideal weight, what you need is a lifestyle change. Looking for a quick fix to life's problems is symptomatic of childish thinking, indicating that you haven't really grown up yet. Adult obesity is a manifestation of childish thinking.… Continue reading…