Sumelevate Life Coach Sume Chatz recently interviewed me for his video podcast about how I work with my coaching clients to help them heal emotional trauma from the past so they can move on to a happier future.
The interview packs a heap of information into a half hour, covering topics like:
- How family of origin issues can set you up for emotional problems down the track
- The impact of poor communication skills on our world view as children
- How to heal overwhelming anxiety
- The role of the subconscious and how to work with it
- Mindfulness and the importance of living in the present
- What I actually do in Skype sessions with my clients
- How to coach someone in emotional trauma
- How to get motivated towards your goals
That's a lot of valuable information for one half hour! I recommend you check it out.
The one thing I didn't mention explicitly was what exactly emotional trauma is: the emotional residue left in our brains and nervous system attached to memories of any emotionally overwhelming past event that we weren't able to fully express and release at the time.
Healing trauma is important because emotionally charged memories from the past restrict our ability to be freely self-expressed and get on with life in the present.
Here's the interview: