If you want to communicate confidently, you need to understand body language. A person's body posture, movements, facial expressions and tone of voice reveal much more about their true thoughts, feelings and emotions than just their words do. This is especially true when there is some incongruence between what they say, and the way they say it; if the two don't match, go with the body language every time.
You'll feel more confident in your interactions with other people when you understand how to read and show body language cues more clearly. I've just come across a great video on exactly how to do that; watch it and learn:
- How to read body language
- The meaning of common gestures
- How to convey greater confidence with your handshake
- The seven basic facial emotions: anger, sadness, fear, disgust, surprise, happiness and contempt
- How to understand and read facial micro-expressions
- How to identify signs that someone may be lying
- Lowering your tone of voice to convey greater confidence and power
It's long, but well worth the time you'll spend watching to boost your confidence in understanding body language communication more deeply:
After watching leave a comment to let me know what you found most helpful in the video.